Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Critical Media Studies – Race and Emerging Media
The University of Texas at Dallas
The Critical Media Studies program in the School of Arts, Humanities, and Technology at The University of Texas at Dallas (https://aht.utdallas.edu) seeks applications for a tenure-system faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the field of critical media studies, with specialization in race and emerging media. The salary range for this 9-month appointment is $73,000 to $76,000, depending on qualifications.
Applicants’ research and teaching interests should emphasize critical race and ethnic studies in combination with complementary interests in digital humanities or global digital studies. The qualified candidate will deepen AHT’s expertise in teaching anti-racism and racial justice, both within its undergraduate curriculum (BA in Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication, BA in ATEC with a Critical Media Studies concentration, and Ethnic Studies Minor) and its graduate programs (MA in ATEC with Emerging Media Studies and ATEC PhD). Other desirable areas of expertise may include disability media studies, eco-media, indigenous media, media of the hemispheric Americas, and/or trans and queer media.
Applicants should upload the following:
· cover letter and full curriculum vitae summarizing their interests and their qualifications for the position, including past and/or anticipated future efforts to advance diversity, equity and inclusion;
· statement of teaching philosophy describing (at a minimum) their conceptualizations of teaching and learning, teaching and assessment methods, and how their teaching philosophy and practices foster (or will foster) equitable and inclusive learning environments;
· statement of research interests describing (at a minimum) past, present, and future research and how they have fostered (or will foster) equitable and inclusive research environments;
· a writing/publication sample; and
· full contact information for at least three academic or professional references. We will request letters only from the selected applicants who advance from the initial review stage.
Reviews will commence as completed applications are received and will continue until the position is filled or the search is closed on January 6, 2023.